Stem nu op jouw favoriete Screenshot van de Maand! I Cast your vote for your favourite Screenshot of the Month! ×

Creating procedural objects with blender 2.83 and 3ds max for RW, is it possible with both programs?

Ter160

Question

Hello, good afternoon, knowing that it seems that I already know how to model simple static objects, I would like to get involved with the procedural ones but I cannot find any video on how to do it with blender 2.83 on YouTube, but with 3dsmax, that is if I hardly use that program even if I have it installed

5 answers to this question

Creating loft shapes is actually really simple once you walked through the process one time.

First, you need to model the cross-section of the loft. Its pivot point must be at the length=0 position (rel. to shape), use width and height to offset the shape if that's desired (height-offset is also possible in the BIN file.)

Note that the loft shape must not have any faces pointing towards front or rear, and probably also none of the up/down/side-pointing faces should be split vertically.

Now texture the loft object with a tiling texture -- important: the texture must tile on its upper and lower edges, not left/right!
Use LoftTexDiff.fx or LoftTexDiffTrans.fx shaders.

The length of the shape determines at what interval the texture gets tiles in the sim. It does not seem to affect the actual 'bending' operation of the loft, in the sim! Just don't forget about the length=0 pivot.

Export as IGS and set up the according blueprint (road, track, loft, ...). In this you can add static shapes as "start" "end" and "middle geometry", the can be for example pillars for the bridge.

image.png

Germany PDF file How to

Loft-Objekte bauen Rail-Sim.de - RailWorks Wiki.pdf

Objekte_erstellen_Teil_3_(Loftobjekte).pdf

Edited by Sjef61