1. Route information
Altenburg is a German city, which is located near the river Rinke. For many centuries, the river was of
vital importance for the grain and timber trade. During this time, ships were the main means of
transport for trade. In the 19th century numerous coal mines opened in the region and became an
important economic factor. For better transport conditions the railway line from Altenburg to
Wildau was built between 1872 and 1876. After several years the railroad became the most
important means of transporting goods and people. Furthermore several branch lines were built to
connect industrial areas with the railway line. After the closure of the mines and the emergence of
the automobile in the 20th century, the carriage of goods moved increasingly on the road. So many
of the branch lines suffered a moribund existence. In the last decades of the 20th century many of
these lines were closed and later demolished in large part.
The railway line between Koeblitz and Wildau is one of the last local lines. There are only two timber
plants which are connected to the railway track. So the route has used rarely for freight transports.
Over the next years it will be rationalised for simple passenger services. A small section of the line
behind Wildau has owned by a heritage railway company, so the tracks to Hosvenn are preserved
and has been used for tourist traffic.
This fictional railway line could be situated in the environment of Trier, in the Eifel region or the High
Fens upland area.
Drive your way through the beautiful countryside and scenery and enjoy the romance and great
diversity of the German railroads!
2. Changes in the third version of the route
• Updating several objects to Train Simulator 2017
• Resignalling the complete route using signals from the German signal team
• Placing Semaphores on the line section between Koeblitz and Wildau
• Signalling on both ways between Altenburg and Koeblitz
• Laying PZB magnets from virtual Railroads
• Inserting Tunnel occlusion
• Reintegration of the former station building at Altenburg
• Improvement for the illuminating
• Correcting of the platform markers
• Changing partly speed limits
• Secondary route speed adapted to the primary route speed (track layout)
• Rectification / adaption of marker names
• Integration of new scenarios
• Creation of a working time table (WTT; „Buchfahrplan“)
3. Download content
• Altenburg - Wildau version 3 from SAD with many updates from Traindriver316
• Add-on 3 from SAD included Liebherr 900 rail digger and several objects for scenarios [..RailworksAssetsSAD2011]
• Signal gantry and rail operations objects from rschally
• Signal board set from Schienenbus
• Scenarios from dw-agency