Problems with a procedural plataform

Ter160

Question

I have just created a procedural platform but I don't know what has happened that does not appear in the TSC test

Screenshots:

Blueprint, loft section blueprint

image.thumb.png.f9fb918ab6d8678f18dfbcfd81acf442.png

Result in the TSC test, That's where the procedural platform should appear, I don't understand why it doesn't appear

image.png.3ef11037652c206d3030d948a4e9b373.png

5 uren geleden, Rob_zeeland zei:

set this to 1.. see what happens..

image.png

What this will do, is make the middle geometry appear every X meters. (X = the value entered here) Note that middle geometry can't cast shadows. (<<--- only applies to rails)

Also, if it's for a platform, you're using the wrong blueprint. Use Platform Section Blueprints for proper platforms. Be sure to set the right Editor Ground Offset to have it automaticly appear at the proper height. For passengers on the platform, enter the DTG Academy passengers under "Platform Character", like this:

Platform.png.f64377ff6bbc9c02046aecfa2bf76fc1.png

The DTG Academy assets need to be enabled in the route to have the passengers appear.

Edited by KerAp

If your platform is symmetrical along the X-axis (eg: left and right sides are exactly the same, which seems to be the case), you can enable "rotate end geometry" and mirror the model at it's origin point if it appears like before.

If not, you need to not have "Rotate end geometry" enabled, and have seperate begin and end geometries, one facing one way, and one the other. If they appear inside out again, switch the 2 shapes.

Also, remember to always use specialized loft shaders on the loft itself and always texture your model so that the texture loops vertically.

Use normal texturing like any other object for begin and end geometries.

You should have the desired result now. 👍

Edited by KerAp

If you create a platform that isn't symmetrical, then yes, you will need 2 different start and end ramps, or they won't connect to the loft properly.

Assymetrical platform:

asymmetrical.png.d29946ee0f26b2db5a1fc78ba17ba8d6.png

Seperate start and end geometries, each pointing the other way:

Seperateendcaps.thumb.png.53ecda71e9b320af36c9cf28d688b45c.png

First enable "Rotate end geometry" in the platform section blueprint again. Then in the 3d-model just flip the shape along it's length, maintaining the same origin point, like so:

Before:

Before.thumb.png.25c320f3df97f84a65f31b60f7b72fe7.png

After:

After.thumb.png.c0f216a1ca2431b8d40a92dfcd07dd88.png

If you re-export now, you should be done.

Edited by KerAp

38 minuten geleden, Rob_zeeland zei:

mirror (flip) the object.. after you fliped it.. use face orientation to see if the faces are ok.. if not the faces wil be darker..

ok, the ramps, only one mesh or two?, since the procedural platform is symmetrical

No need. If you don't even understand the concept of "rotating", this is waaaay to difficult for you. All the information you need was already supplied in this topic.

So I can't help you anymore, I'm sorry.

Edited by KerAp

7 hours ago, KerAp said:

No need. If you don't even understand the concept of "rotating", this is waaaay to difficult for you. All the information you need was already supplied in this topic.

So I can't help you anymore, I'm sorry.

I don,t worry

I might have sounded a little harsh before, but it's kinda frustrating if I spend 8 posts explaining you the concept of flipping around, and you still don't understand.

Just keep re-reading this topic untill you understand, the answers ARE in here. 👍

• Like 1

6 hours ago, KerAp said:

I might have sounded a little harsh before, but it's kinda frustrating if I spend 8 posts explaining you the concept of flipping around, and you still don't understand.

Just keep re-reading this topic untill you understand, the answers ARE in here.
👍

I understand the rotation thing, the problem is that it will make you have a second mesh for the other ramp instead of one

There is only one strange problem: two ramps appear on each of the platforms, perhaps it is only necessary to change something in the settings of the loft section blueprint, let's see a total of 4 ramps, which are 2 per side

Side 1

image.png.e184a32c487701b6ebd0e074141c0e26.png

Side 2

image.png.79d1e3acbada6c6e48b39680f44f3f68.png

Setting of the Loft Section Blueprint

image.thumb.png.82e81710c7b62406ebe583004f5bf817.png